The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Junior Procurement Specialist for Pakistan Raises Revenue Program (PRRP). The PRRP is a project financed by the World Bank, aimed at enhancing revenue generation in Pakistan. As part of the project, the FBR intends to hire individual consultants to contribute their expertise in procurement.
As a Junior Procurement Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the procurement process for goods, works, and consulting services.
- Supporting the implementation of procurement policies, regulations, and guidelines.
- Familiarizing yourself with the World Bank’s procurement policies and anticorruption measures.
- Utilizing World Bank Systematic Tracking Exchanges in Procurement (STEP) or other ERP tools.
- Demonstrating sound knowledge of government administrative systems, particularly in public procurement.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following qualifications:
- A Master’s Degree in Business/Management, Engineering, Economics, Finance, or Social Sciences, with at least sixteen years of education. A degree in Procurement Management or Supply Chain will be given more weightage.
- Six to eight years of documentary verifiable experience in procuring goods, works, and consulting services. Recent experience in the last five years is required, preferably at the national or international level.
- Familiarity with the World Bank’s procurement policies, regulations, guidelines, and procedures, as well as anticorruption policies of multilateral development organizations.
- Practical experience in using World Bank Systematic Tracking Exchanges in Procurement (STEP) or other ERP tools.
- Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures, particularly in public procurement.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit the following documents:
a. A letter of Expression of Interest, demonstrating your ability, skills, and experience to undertake the assignment and deliver the required inputs/outputs mentioned in the Terms of Reference (TOR). b. A detailed, dated, and signed Curriculum Vitae (CV) highlighting your qualifications and experience in similar assignments. Please provide references for possible checks. c. Fill and sign the “Expression of Interest Form (Individual Consultants)” enclosed with the TORs.
Please note that the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest must be adhered to, as stated in Section III, paragraphs 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” issued by the World Bank in July 2016 (revised November 2017 and August 2018).
The selection of consultants will be based on the Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants method outlined in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” issued in July 2016 (revised November 2017 and August 2018).
Selected consultants will be hired on a contract basis and will work full-time at the FBR House in Islamabad. The specific terms of reference for the position can be found at https://fbr.gov.pk/tenders. For any inquiries, please contact the Deputy Director Program Office at [email protected] or visit the office of Director Program Office, Room No 574, 5th Floor, FBR House, G-5, Constitution Avenue, Islamabad during business hours on any working day before the deadline for submission of EOI.
Interested candidates must submit their Expression of Interest and Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope clearly indicating the position applied for on the top right corner. The envelope should be delivered in person or by surface mail to the following address no later than 1500 hours on 27th July 2023:
Deputy Director Procurement (Program Office) Room No. 574, Fifth Floor Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) FBR House, Constitution Avenue Islamabad, Pakistan Phone: 051-9203875/051-9219649 Email: [email protected]
Please ensure that your Expression of Interest (Form) and CV include updated and complete contact information as all personal interactions will be conducted virtually.
The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) is the revenue division of the Government of Pakistan responsible for collecting taxes and duties. FBR plays a crucial role in generating revenue for the development and welfare of Pakistan.
For more information about the FBR and its initiatives, visit the official website: www.fbr.gov.pk.
Don’t miss the opportunity to contribute your procurement expertise to the Pakistan Raises Revenue Program. Join us in making a difference!
Disclaimer: This article is intended as a fictional job posting and should not be considered an actual advertisement. The information provided is based on the given positions and information provided. For real job opportunities, please refer to official sources or consult the relevant authorities.
Check More Recent Jobs: